Friday, February 26, 2010

The real story lies at her feet

Oh look, there's that photo again! *lol* I FINALLY got it scrapped, which was my intention all along. I just couldn't get it to work. A kind of pea green Bazzil cardstock, Kaiser pearls, Kaiser LaDiDa papers; 6" pad, and rub ons. The title of this post is what is written on the label. As much as I like the photo, the story of this statue is so very important. Not only to British and Australian history, but in world history. The way in which these children were bought to Australia, their treatment when they arrive... ALLL KINDS OF WRONG! I believe Britain has just apologised.. in 2009. Hmm...!!! There is actually a man in our town who was one of these kids. The photo lifts back and the photo of the plaque, location and date etc is all tucked underneath. I use a lot of hidden journalling on my pages. Do I mention this page took me TWO very long evenings? I wanted to use so much more from the LaDiDa range, like the cute lil birds.. Layering is not my thing apparently...




Jess had a birthday party at the pool yesterday and she finally got to show off her new found confidence and skills learned in swimming lessons over the summer holidays.


0 comments: