Wednesday, May 23, 2007

My first free pattern, a Tatted Dragonfly!

Tatted Dragonfly



















Required: one shuttle wound with thread (will be great to use up shuttle ends)

start your ring with a 8-10" tail thread

R 3-----2-----4-4-----2-----3
C 12 (you are making the chain with the tail you left)
Cut central picot at the peak

In long terms it would be;

Make a ring of 3ds, very very long picot, 2ds, very very long picot, 4ds, small picot, 4ds, very very long picot,3ds
Chain 12 with the 8-10" tail you left
Cut central picot (or small picot)


Now, I didn't sew in my ends as they're at the base of the tail I knotted them, added a tiny amount of glue, twisted them together and then cut 1mm from the knot. It made it look like the tail tapered off.



DISCLAIMER: This pattern is copyright to me, Michelle Robertson. I do not authorise you to post this pattern anywhere but you may link to it here on www.shell-n-jessi.blogspot.com, can also link to the Crochetville post http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=783476#post783476 You may use your dragonflies in anyway you please (including sale items) but DO NOT sell my pattern, nor take credit for it yourself.

2 comments:

Lucy said...

That is adorable. That is one thing I've never attempted..tatting.

Krystal said...

Your dragonfly is beautiful! Great work!

Krystal
fuzzyferret.blogdrive.com